Newly Qualified and Student Registered Nurse
- • Full time • Part time
- £24,907 - £30,615 per annum/pro rata
- 24/01/2021 23:59
If you are a soon to be Newly Registered Nurse (NRN) please continue to read on to see what great benefits the Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust (RD&E) can offer you as an employer.
Let us help you achieve your goals. The RD&E values you and your skills and want to help you develop to be the best you can be. We can help you through our structured recruitment and support programmes.
Here at the RD&E, we are very proud of being one of Exeter's largest employers, with over 8,000 dedicated employees across both acute and community settings in Exeter and East Devon. We are at the forefront of improving international healthcare, we have a passion for pursuing perfection across all areas of our operations and excellent career development opportunities wherever you join us. We had both ‘outstanding’ and ‘good’ ratings given to us by the Care Quality Commission following their latest inspection.
We are here to help you with your career pathway in a variety of ways, and we are happy to talk to you about what you are looking for in your career.
• If you know where you want to work - our recruitment team can arrange an interview with your preferred area so you know exactly where you will be working on qualifying. Confirmation of a job may come before confirmation of working environment due to fluctuating staff capacity. Confirmation of clinical area is given at least two months before you commence employment. Whilst working in your area you will be given opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge in the speciality you have chosen, enabling you to explore nurse specialist opportunities. You will also be given the opportunity to undertake academic accredited study in your chosen field, with the possibility of being accepted onto the preceptorship programme if you are a NRN.
• If you are unsure ofwhere you want to work – we can talk to you about bespoke career pathways and opportunities to work in different specialties.
• Community care might be what you crave and the opportunities there are just as exciting. We offer opportunities in the community to explore both inpatient and outpatient settings. There are also excellent development opportunities to specialise in community nursing roles. The same as in the acute sector, you will also be given the opportunity to undertake academic accredited study in your chosen field, with the possibility of being accepted onto the preceptorship programme if you are NRN.
• Unsure if you want to work in Acute or Community care? Why not explore the best of both worlds. Talk to us about spending time in both environments and about developing your skills and knowledge in a broad field of care. This will support your carer progression into band 6 roles including specialist care teams.
We are looking to recruit newly qualified and student nurses with vacancies in adult specialities, including community care, acute medicine, rehabilitation, surgical wards and critical care.
If you are shortlisted for a Band 5 Registered Nurse position, you will be contacted to arrange an interview. This interview is likely to be online and all the details will be confirmed in due course.
For further details please contact the Recruitment Team via e-mail at: rde-tr.Recruitment@nhs.net
Our vision is to provide safe, high quality seamless services delivered with courtesy and respect. To achieve our vision we expect all our staff to uphold our Trust values. Our Trust values are: Honesty, Openness & Integrity Fairness Inclusion & Collaboration Respect & Dignity
***Preference will be given to staff with ‘Priority’ and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon.***
DUE TO THE ANTICIPATED HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POST WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CLOSE THE VACANCY BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Alex Mototolea email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Trust
- 01392 403936 or 403758